How to increase YouTube views: Top 10 ideas
In this article, we will explore the strategies and techniques to know how to increase YouTube views effectively. By understanding the significance of watch time, optimizing your content, and utilizing various growth strategies, you can boost your channel’s visibility and engagement.
As of January 2023, YouTube has become the second most popular social network worldwide, boasting a massive number of monthly active users.
According to Statista, 2023, YouTube has 2.6 billion users worldwide as of 2023. Around 500 hours of video were uploaded on YouTube every minute and YouTube viewers worldwide are now watching more than 1 billion hours of videos a day.
As of January 2023, only the United States has around 246 million YouTube viewers. In June 2022, the YouTube app managed to generate an impressive revenue of around 39 million U.S. dollars specifically in the United States.
So, it is evident that the platform presents vast opportunities for content creators and marketers.
Agenda for this article on how to increase YouTube views:
A brief introduction to YouTube Watch Time:
Watch time refers to the total time viewers spend watching your YouTube videos. By analyzing watch time, YouTube creators gain valuable insights into what truly captivates their audience, from start to finish.
Moreover, higher video watch times signal to YouTube’s algorithm that your channel deserves wider exposure on viewers’ feeds and recommendations.
YouTube tracks how long viewers watch your videos and calculates your total watch time by adding up the watch time for all of your videos. This metric is displayed in your YouTube analytics, where you can see your watch time for various periods, such as the last 28 days or the last 12 months.
Importance of watch time:
- First, it is a key factor in YouTube’s algorithm, which determines the suggested videos, recommended channels, and search results that viewers see on the platform. Channels with higher watch time are more likely to be recommended to new viewers, which can increase their reach and engagement.
- Second, watch time is a crucial factor in monetization. To qualify for YouTube’s Partner Program, which allows creators to earn money from ads on their videos, channels must have at least 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months and 1,000 subscribers.
What counts as a view on YouTube?
Let me share some interesting facts about video views with you. Did you know that every time a viewer makes the conscious effort to press the play button and stream a video on their device for a minimum of 30 seconds, it is counted as a view?
But there’s more to it!
Even if you’re the one eagerly watching your video on repeat, it will still be counted as a view.
if a viewer watches a video on YouTube more than once, each viewing will be considered a distinct view. However, YouTube’s system is designed to detect any attempts to artificially inflate view counts, such as repeatedly refreshing the page.
Furthermore, views that originate from embedded YouTube videos or videos shared on Facebook will also be accounted for.
In addition, live views are also taken into consideration on YouTube.
Top 10 Tips to Increase YouTube Views:
- Make Sure Your Titles and Thumbnails Represent Your Content Correctly.
- create an eye-catching intro on YouTube to add to your content.
- Evergreen Content is the Key to More Views on YouTube.
- Upload Videos Consistently on your channel.
- Build a loyal subscriber base by engaging in the comments section.
- Add your videos to a playlist to Make videos more accessible.
- Use batch-creating YouTube videos & YouTube series features.
- Design recognizable YouTube channel art and thumbnails.
- Publish YouTube Shorts to add to YouTube watch time.
- YouTube SEO practices keep ranking higher in search engine results.
1) Make Sure Your Titles and Thumbnails Represent Your Content Correctly:
As a content creator on YouTube, your titles and thumbnails are the crucial elements that catch viewers’ attention while browsing, diving them into watching your content. To make a lasting impression, it is imperative to ensure that these elements genuinely depict what your video is all about.
Albeit, misleading or clickbait titles and thumbnails might convince viewers to click on it, but if they feel deceived or underwhelmed with the content, it might result in an early exit. So, it is crucial to prioritize honesty over a gimmicky approach to maintain a loyal audience.
In YouTube’s own words, thumbnails require an “art director’s eye for branding and shouldn’t be an afterthought.” Thumbnails and titles work together as an important part of your video’s metadata.
To ensure that your titles and thumbnails accurately represent your content, consider the following tips:
- Create titles that are clear, concise, and descriptive of your video’s content.
- Use thumbnails that feature high-quality images or screenshots from your video and that visually represent your content.
- Avoid using clickbait tactics, such as using all caps or exaggerating your video’s content to grab viewers’ attention.
- Keep your branding consistent across all of your titles and thumbnails so that viewers can easily recognize your content.
2) create an eye-catching intro on YouTube to add to your content:
Creating an eye-catching intro for your YouTube videos can be a great way to capture viewers’ attention and increase engagement.
Tips for creating an effective YouTube intro:
- Keep it short: Your intro should be no more than 10 seconds long, as viewers are likely to lose interest if it’s too long.
- Use visuals and audio: Your intro should feature a combination of visuals, such as graphics or footage from your videos, and audio, such as music or a voiceover, to create an immersive experience.
- Showcase your branding: Your intro should include your channel’s branding, such as your logo, to help viewers recognize your content and build brand awareness.
- Set the tone: Your intro should give viewers a sense of what your video is about and what they can expect from your content.
- Make it unique: Your intro should stand out from other intros on YouTube, so try to be creative and come up with something that reflects your personality and style.
- Test it out: Once you’ve created your intro, test it out on a few videos to see how viewers respond. If it’s not working, consider tweaking it or creating a new one.
3) Evergreen content is the key to getting more views on YouTube:
Evergreen content is essential for creators looking to increase their views and grow their audience on YouTube. Unlike timely or trendy content, evergreen content remains relevant and valuable to viewers long after its creation. This means that it continues to drive consistent traffic to a channel over time, generating higher watch time and improving overall YouTube rankings.
Creating evergreen content involves focusing on topics that have long-term relevance and addressing the needs and interests of a specific target audience.
For example, tutorials, product reviews, and educational content are all types of evergreen content that remain valuable to viewers over time.
By creating evergreen content, creators can attract a larger audience and build a loyal following that continues to engage with their channel. This can lead to increased subscriber counts, improved channel visibility, and more monetization opportunities.
In addition, evergreen content is also easier to repurpose and promote on other platforms, such as social media, blogs, and podcasts. This can help drive traffic back to a creator’s YouTube channel, expanding their reach and growing their audience even further.
4) Upload Videos Consistently on your channel:
Consistency is crucial for building and growing your YouTube channel. If you want to gain subscribers, increase your views, and keep your audience engaged, uploading videos regularly is a must.
- Firstly, creating a schedule and sticking to it is essential. Decide on a consistent day and time to upload your videos and communicate this to your audience. This way, they will know when to expect your content, and you can build a routine that your viewers will look forward to.
- Secondly, make sure you prioritize quality over quantity. Your viewers will appreciate high-quality content that provides value over videos that are rushed and lack substance. Take the time to research, plan, and produce your videos so that they meet the expectations of your audience.
- Thirdly, pay attention to your analytics and feedback from your audience. Analytics can provide valuable insights into your audience’s preferences, which can help you create content that resonates with them.
- Finally, respond to comments, ask for feedback, and make sure you take their suggestions and ideas into consideration when creating your content.
5) build a loyal subscriber base by engaging in the comments section:
Engaging with your audience is a key factor in building a loyal subscriber base on your YouTube channel. The comments section is an important platform for communication with your viewers, and it’s important to make the most of this feature.
- Firstly, make sure you respond to comments regularly. By taking the time to respond to comments, you show your viewers that you value their input and appreciate their support. This can help build a sense of community and encourage viewers to return to your channel.
- Secondly, ask for feedback and suggestions from your audience. By soliciting feedback, you show your viewers that their opinions matter, and you can use this information to improve your content and build a better relationship with your audience.
- Thirdly, create a conversation in the comments section. Encourage your viewers to engage with each other and with you by asking questions or starting discussions related to your content. This can help build a sense of community and encourage viewers to return to your channel.
- Finally, monitor your comments section regularly. By keeping an eye on comments and responding quickly to any negative or inappropriate comments, you can ensure that your channel remains a positive and supportive environment for your audience.
6) Add your videos to a playlist to Make videos more accessible:
Creating playlists on your YouTube channel is a great way to organize your content and make it more accessible to your viewers. Here are some key points on why adding your YouTube channel videos to a playlist is important:
- Firstly, playlists make it easier for viewers to find and watch your content. By organizing your videos into specific themes or topics, you can help your audience navigate your channel more easily and discover videos that they may have missed.
- Secondly, playlists can help increase your watch time and engagement. By grouping similar videos, viewers are more likely to continue watching additional videos in the playlist. This can help boost your watch time and increase engagement with your content.
- Thirdly, playlists can help improve your SEO. By including relevant keywords in your playlist titles and descriptions, you can improve the visibility of your content in search results and attract new viewers to your channel.
- Finally, playlists can help you promote your channel and your brand. By creating playlists that showcase your best content or highlight specific themes, you can showcase your expertise and build a stronger connection with your audience.
7) Use batch-creating YouTube videos & YouTube series features:
Creating consistent content on YouTube is crucial for building a loyal audience and growing your channel. An effective strategy for achieving this is by using batch-creating YouTube videos and YouTube series features. Key points:
- Firstly, batch-creating videos can save you time and energy. By planning and filming multiple videos in one session, you can maximize your efficiency and reduce the amount of time you spend on video production. This can also help ensure that you have a consistent stream of content to share with your audience.
- Secondly, creating a YouTube series can help build anticipation and engagement. By creating a series with a consistent theme or topic, you can encourage viewers to come back to your channel and watch additional episodes. This can also help create a sense of community around your content and increase engagement with your audience.
- Thirdly, using YouTube’s series features can improve the visibility of your content. By grouping your videos into a series, you can make it easier for viewers to discover your content and navigate your channel. This can also help improve your SEO and attract new viewers to your channel.
- Finally, batch-creating videos and creating a YouTube series can help you stay organized and focused. By planning your content, you can ensure that you are consistently delivering high-quality content that resonates with your audience.
8) Design recognizable YouTube channel art and thumbnails:
Creating recognizable YouTube channel art and thumbnails is essential for building a strong brand on the platform. Key points:
- Firstly, channel art and thumbnails are the first things that viewers see when they visit your channel. By creating eye-catching and memorable visuals, you can capture their attention and encourage them to explore your content further.
- Secondly, consistent branding can help build a loyal audience. By using consistent colors, fonts, and visual elements in your channel art and thumbnails, you can create a cohesive and recognizable brand that viewers will associate with your content.
- Thirdly, high-quality thumbnails can increase your click-through rate. By creating visually appealing and informative thumbnails, you can encourage viewers to click on your videos and watch them in full. This can help increase your watch time and engagement on the platform.
- Finally, well-designed channel art and thumbnails can improve your SEO. By including relevant keywords in your channel art and thumbnail descriptions, you can improve the visibility of your content in search results and attract new viewers to your channel.
9) Publish YouTube Shorts to add to YouTube watch time:
YouTube Shorts are a new type of short-form video content that is becoming increasingly popular on the platform. Here are some key points on why publishing YouTube Shorts can help increase your watch time on the platform:
- Firstly, Shorts are designed to be easy to consume and share. By creating short, snackable videos that are under 60 seconds long, you can capture viewers’ attention and encourage them to watch more of your content.
- Secondly, Shorts has a dedicated section on the YouTube app. By publishing Shorts, you can increase the visibility of your content and attract new viewers to your channel. This can also help improve your SEO and increase your chances of appearing in search results and recommendations.
- Thirdly, Shorts can help diversify your content and reach new audiences. By experimenting with new formats and styles, you can attract viewers who may not have been interested in your longer-form content.
- Finally, Shorts can help increase your overall watch time on the platform. By creating engaging and shareable content that encourages viewers to watch more of your videos, you can increase your overall watch time and improve your channel’s performance on the platform.
10) YouTube SEO practices keep ranking higher in search engine results:
YouTube is one of the largest search engines in the world, and optimizing your content for search can help you reach new audiences and grow your channel. Here are some key points on YouTube SEO practices that can help you rank higher in search engine results:
- Firstly, conduct keyword research to find relevant and high-traffic keywords for your niche. By including these keywords in your video titles, descriptions, and tags, you can improve your chances of appearing in search results for these terms.
- Secondly, create high-quality, engaging content that keeps viewers watching. By increasing your watch time and engagement metrics, you can improve your overall performance on the platform and improve your chances of ranking higher in search results.
- Thirdly, use annotations, end screens, and cards to encourage viewers to watch more of your content and engage with your channel. These tools can help increase your watch time and engagement metrics, which can improve your SEO.
- Fourthly, optimize your channel page by including a channel description, relevant tags, and a channel trailer that showcases your content and encourages viewers to subscribe.
- Finally, promote your content through social media and other channels to increase your visibility and attract new viewers to your channel.
Only a strategic approach and consistent effort can increase YouTube views!
If you want to know how to increase YouTube views, you need to focus on watch time, optimize your titles and thumbnails, create engaging intros, produce evergreen content, upload consistently, engage with your audience, organize your videos into playlists, utilize YouTube series features, design recognizable channel art and thumbnails, publish YouTube Shorts, and implement SEO practices. By following these strategies, you can effectively boost your views and grow your YouTube channel.
Remember, building a loyal audience takes time and dedication. Stay committed to providing value, engaging with your viewers, and refining your content strategy. With patience and perseverance, you can achieve your goals and enjoy success on YouTube.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long should my YouTube intro be?
Your YouTube intro should be no more than 10 seconds long. Viewers are more likely to lose interest if the intro is too long.
- Can YouTube Shorts help increase my watch time?
Yes, YouTube Shorts can contribute to increasing your watch time on the platform. These short-form videos are designed to capture viewers’ attention and encourage them to watch more of your content.
- How can I optimize my YouTube channel for search engines?
To optimize your YouTube channel for search engines, conduct keyword research to find relevant and high-traffic keywords for your niche. Don’t forget to include these keywords in your video titles, descriptions, and tags.
Additionally, create high-quality, engaging content, use annotations, end screens, and cards to encourage viewer engagement, optimize your channel page with a description and relevant tags, and promote your content through social media and other channels.
- Should I prioritize quality or quantity when uploading videos?
Quality should always be prioritized over quantity. While consistency is important, viewers appreciate high-quality content that provides value. Take the time to research, plan, and produce your videos to meet the expectations of your audience.
- How can I build a loyal subscriber base on YouTube?
Always engage with your audience to build a loyal subscriber base. Respond to comments regularly, ask for feedback and suggestions, create conversations in the comments section, and monitor the section for any negative or inappropriate comments. Building a sense of community and making your viewers feel valued will contribute to subscriber loyalty.
As a subject matter expert, I would love to hear your input on the topic of How to increase YouTube views. Your insights will not only enhance our understanding but also encourage discussion.